Kelowna, British Columbia–(Newsfile Corp. – October 15, 2020) – Citation Growth Corp. (CSE: CGRO) (OTCQX: CGOTF) (“Citation” or “Company”), a licensed multi-state Cannabis cultivator, producer and retailer, today released a letter from Erik Anderson, President and CEO, discussing the COVID-19 pandemic and recent company developments.
To our Shareholders:
I am following up on the “State of the Nation” communique that was sent out in March 2020 to highlight our progress of turning Citation Growth around towards profitability over the past two quarters.
The global pandemic brought on by Covid-19 has been challenging in the sense that typical personal interactions and business travel related to running a company essentially came to a halt in mid-March. Our Q1 (from April to June 30) was easily the most challenging period of time during my 28-year career. That said, our operations in Nevada and California were both classified as essential services; and, with protective measures to combat Covid-19 being put in place immediately, we continued to cultivate at our North Las Vegas facility (Apex) and sell products to patients and customers at our dispensary in Desert Hot Springs, Green Leaf Wellness (GLW).
Our corporate team in Canada was also extremely productive during this quarter and we were able to complete some important transitional achievements, namely:
- adding cannabis industry veteran, Shane Dungey, to our Board of Directors;
- signing the LOI to sell our Celista, BC asset to Indigenomix;
- hosting our Virtual AGM on April 23rd;
- installing new LED lights at our Apex facility and implementing the proprietary organic growing methodology from our multi-generation grow team in Canada;
- implementing operational efficiencies and cost reduction measures to streamline both revenue generating operations in Nevada and California, which will make both more profitable over the long-term;
- selling our Washington state asset in Lynden, Washington to clean up our balance sheet; and
- closing our non-brokered private placement for more than $1mm CAD.
As we moved into our Q2 (July to September 30), we continued our forward momentum by focusing on perfecting the business model for Apex and GLW. Both operations are close to cash-flow positive and our corporate team is laser focused on achieving this goal in early 2021. Other notable achievements since July 1 include the following:
- appointed Calgary businessman and former NHL athlete, Ron Stern, to our Board of Directors;
- signed the definitive agreement with Indigenomix to confirm the sale of our Celista, BC asset;
- posted our Q4 and 2019 year-end financials and MD&A on SEDAR (September 11th);
- closed the first tranche of a private placement debenture with PI Financial on August 20th for gross proceeds of $780k;
- settled with ACC Enterprises to effectively reverse the 2019 merger, part ways and deconsolidate ACC from the company’s consolidated financial statements;
- signed two LOI’s to vend in a BC micro cultivation based in Vernon (Laughing Turtle Farms) as well as two retail stores in the BC Okanagan Valley, essentially making Citation a vertically integrated player in the BC market and primed to capitalize on the forthcoming “direct delivery” and “farm gate” initiatives;
- appointed US businessman, Dylan Rexing, to our Board of Directors;
- hired a new Master Grower for Apex and have three additional top Nevada growers set to join the cultivation team soon.
Despite the tough times for business, we feel we are making all the right moves and have a great team. We have also been tracking the US Election and feel that legislative change could be on the horizon in several forms: 1) approving the Safe Banking Act (already passed in the US House of Representatives), 2) federal decriminalization (the Biden/Harris ticket is on the record in favour), 3) continued state legalization for both medical and adult recreational use (5 more states vote for legalization on November 3rd) and 4) an investor community frothing to jump into a decriminalized national industry similar to what we saw in Canada once federal legalization was announced. While our business plan does not hinge on US decriminalization, it appears that the US cannabis industry is being looked upon as a new source of revenue that will contribute to the post-Covid economic stimulus plan, the Health and Economic Recovery Omnibus Emergency Solutions (HEROES) Act. Any forward momentum in this regard will be very positive for our business.
Since our goal is to be a premium multi-state operator governed by sound business fundamentals, I recently traveled to the US to review our operations in person. Here is an update from Nevada and California:
North Las Vegas – Apex
- All our grow rooms are now installed with Fluence LED lights, replacing the failing HPS lights that have been returned for warranty replacement (and sale on the open market).
- We have implemented an enhanced organic “living soil” platform throughout the facility, which will result in much greater yields and even higher THC percentages for our flower.
- Our new Master Grower has been instrumental in not only bringing in a new cultivation team to work with our living soil platform, but he has also thoroughly gone over each component of the Apex facility. His findings indicated that routine maintenance of the HVAC and R/O water system was badly overdue and so a complete overhaul of both systems were put in place immediately. The facility is now running more efficiently and optimal for the type of high-THC plants we will cultivate.
- We established new partnerships with local production operators, THC Productions and Taproot. With all of our harvests from February to September being stored as “fresh frozen” inventory, we have engaged Taproot to process all of our cannabis biomass and sell it to local dispensaries in revenue-share model. This will bring in some needed operating capital within the next 60 days.
- Our first harvest under the new lights and living soil platform is drying in the cure room and will be ready for sale within the next 2-3 weeks.
- Our downstream retail relationships are still in great shape. I visited with 10 of the most popular retail dispensaries in Las Vegas and all of them are very familiar with our Fiore brand of premium, top-shelf flower. They all asked when the next lots would be up for sale and we’re already booking pre-orders. High demand for our organic, high-THC flower is very encouraging, which will translate into a greater price-per-pound than the Nevada average. Fiore is such a recognizable brand that we may, in fact, change the name of our company to Fiore Cannabis in the near future.
- Once all the grow rooms are planted for their next harvest, we will turn our attention towards firing up our extraction lab once again to produce concentrates and vape pens under our Diamante brand. We have already interviewed the extraction artists who will come in to run the lab and will make employment offers once cash flow permits. For the most part, we will source local B-grade cannabis biomass to convert using our lab in order to take our flower direct to market under the Fiore brand. Cannabis biomass can be purchased relatively cheap and we can also enter into toll extraction contracts where we pay nothing up front and then share in the sale proceeds. It’s a very profitable model and we expect to have the lab running 24/7 by the second half of 2021.
- With 7.2 acres of land at Apex, we have plenty of room to expand operations (up to 8-10x our current footprint). We have begun the process of seeking proposals and engineering assessments to plan for future growth.
- We have also entered into discussions pertaining to acquiring our own retail dispensary in Las Vegas. A few stores have come upon tough times due to Covid-19 and we believe there will be several opportunities to explore over the coming months.
- Average yields for the Apex facility have been approximately 80 pounds per month with the potential to grow to 150 pounds/month once the facility is fully optimized;
- We also have two cultivation licenses assigned to this property (PhenoFarm and EcoNevada) and we are actively looking to sell one license now that the moratorium on transferring licenses in Nevada has ended.
Desert Hot Springs – California
- Our dispensary, Green Leaf Wellness (GLW), remained open throughout the immediate period of Covid-19 lock down and actually saw a spike in sales throughout Q1. Overall, sales at GLW have increased 15% since April 1, which is largely due to cannabis being deemed an essential service in California.
- In addition to our sales floor remaining open, GLW also opened an Express Window for pick-up and just recently launched a delivery service throughout the Coachella Valley. Both service enhancements were very well received by patients and customers alike.
- Our rating on WeedMaps continues to shine at 4.7/5 and we also added some new signage and storefront imagery to attract attention.
- We have two parcels of land in DHS that we have been approved for CUP extensions of 10 years each. We can develop this land to bring 40,000 square feet of cultivation and production.
- Our staff has implemented a rigorous cleaning and sanitization protocol to exceed government standards related to combating Covid-19. We are happy to report that everyone is healthy and happy to be working every day at the dispensary.
OVERALL State of the Nation
As I mentioned when I wrote to introduce myself in March, open communication is very important to me and I am committed to ensuring that investors, employees and the market are always aware of our activities, challenges and accomplishments. I could not be happier with our management team at head office as well as our operating teams in Nevada and California. We have substantially upgraded the talent of our workforce by targeting to hire only the best in each respective jurisdiction. I would like to thank everyone for their tireless efforts to help turn the company around, working many late nights and weekends to help push Citation forward.
As we head into the final few months of 2020, I would be happy to take your questions and/or discuss the finer details of our strategy with you at any time. Over the next few weeks, we will schedule an online Q&A session similar to the one we conducted in March. Please stay tuned for details; in the meantime, you may also email any comments or questions to IR@citationgrowth.com and we will respond quickly.
President & CEO
About Citation Growth Corp.
Citation Growth Corp. (CSE: CGRO) (OTCQX: CGOTF) is a publicly traded company that has been investing in the development of medical and recreational cannabis products since 2014. Citation has expanded its operating portfolio to include cultivation, production and retail offerings in our key North American legal jurisdictions Nevada, California, Washington and British Columbia. For more information, please visit www.citationgrowth.com.
For Further Information:
Erik Anderson, President and CEO
1-877-438-5448 Ext. 713
Cannabis Industry Involvement:
The Company owns marijuana licenses in California and Nevada. Marijuana is legal in each state; however, marijuana remains illegal under United States federal law and the approach to enforcement of U.S. federal law against marijuana is subject to change. Shareholders and investors need to be aware that federal enforcement actions could adversely affect their investments and that the Company’s ability to support continuing U.S.-based operations and its access private and public capital could be materially adversely affected.
This news release contains forward-looking statements or information that relate to our current expectations and views of future events. These statements relate to future events or future performance. Statements which are not purely historical are forward-looking statements and include any statements regarding beliefs, plans, outlook, expectations or intentions regarding the future including words or phrases such as “anticipate”, “objective”, “may”, “will”, “might”, “should”, “could”, “can”, “intend”, “expect”, “believe”, “estimate”, “predict”, “potential”, “plan”, “is designed to”, “project”, “continue”, or similar expressions suggest future outcomes or the negative thereof or similar variations. Forward-looking statements may also include, among other things, statements about the future business strategy; expectations of obtaining licenses and permits; expectations regarding expenses, sales and operations; future customer concentration; anticipated cash needs and estimates regarding capital requirements and the need for additional financing; total processing capacity; the ability to anticipate the future needs of customers; plans for future products and enhancements of existing products; future growth strategy and growth rate; future intellectual property; changes in laws and regulations; regulatory approvals and other matters; and anticipated trends and challenges in the markets in which the Company may operate.
To view the source version of this press release, please visit https://www.newsfilecorp.com/release/65968
PURA 1-for-1 Shareholder Dividend of PAOG Shares on Track
Dallas, Texas–(Newsfile Corp. – October 30, 2020) – PAO Group, Inc. (OTC Pink: PAOG) and Puration, Inc. (OTC: Pink: PURA) today released an update on the process underway for PAOG to issue PAOG shares to PURA shareholders in a dividend distribution.
PAOG acquired a cannabis cultivation operation from PURA earlier this year in a transaction that includes issuing PAOG shares to PURA shareholders. The target distribution ratio calls for PURA shareholders receiving one share of PAOG for every one share of PURA owned.
PAOG has executed two acquisitions in recent months and managed to ramp up and organize acquired cannabis pharmaceutical research assets as necessary to execute a contract prerequisite to developing its acquired cannabis pharmaceutical research assets into an FDA approved drug. PAOG admits the dividend distribution process has lagged behind the acquisition and pharmaceutical development contract efforts. Last week, after completing the pharmaceutical development contract, PAOG management and PURA management committed to rapidly completing the dividend issuance.
Since initiating the joint rapid dividend completion effort, PAOG has filed to redomicile the company to Wyoming and increase the authorized number of shares in order to have the necessary inventory to execute the dividend distribution. PAOG has also engaged the services of the company’s transfer agent to manage the dividend distribution of PAOG stock to PURA shareholders. Once the move to Wyoming is complete, PAOG will file with the necessary financial regulatory authority to finalize the dividend details. PAOG anticipates a definitive dividend distribution announcement will be forthcoming within the next two weeks.
PAOG is excited to make PURA shareholders also PAOG shareholders.
The developing PAOG and PURA partnership includes PAOG participating in PURA’s new hemp lifestyle brand strategy, called Farmersville Brands and headquartered on a 72-acre property currently under contract for acquisition by PURA. In conjunction with PAOG’s newly acquired cultivation business, PAOG plans to build a pharmaceutical grade, indoor hemp cultivation operation and lab on PURA’s Farmersville property.
Look for more information coming soon from both PURA and PAOG.
For more information on PAO Group, visit www.paogroupinc.com.
For more information on Puration, visit www.purationinc.com.
This news release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Securities Litigation Reform Act. The statements reflect the Company’s current views with respect to future events that involve risks and uncertainties. Among others, these risks include the expectation that any of the companies mentioned herein will achieve significant sales, the failure to meet schedule or performance requirements of the companies’ contracts, the companies’ liquidity position, the companies’ ability to obtain new contracts, the emergence of competitors with greater financial resources and the impact of competitive pricing. In the light of these uncertainties, the forward-looking events referred to in this release might not occur. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
PAO Group, Inc.
To view the source version of this press release, please visit https://www.newsfilecorp.com/release/67197
Early Warning Report in Connection with the Sale of 5,500,000 Subordinate Voting Shares of Green Thumb Industries Inc.
Chicago, Illinois–(Newsfile Corp. – October 30, 2020) – On October 29, 2020, RCP23, LLC (the “Seller”), a private investment holding company controlled by Benjamin Kovler, CEO and Chairman of Green Thumb Industries Inc. (CSE: GTII) (OTCQX: GTBIF) (the “Issuer”), sold 5,500,000 Subordinate Voting Shares of the Issuer (the “Transferred Shares”) to a third-party qualified institutional buyer at a purchase price of C$19.25 per share in a private transaction. Prior to the sale, at Seller’s request, the Issuer converted 54,805 Super Voting Shares and 49,448 Multiple Voting Shares of the Issuer previously held by the Seller into an aggregate 10,425,300 Subordinate Voting Shares per the terms of the Issuer’s Articles of Incorporation, as amended.
Following the sale, Mr. Kovler, together with his joint actors, holds beneficial ownership or control or direction over 183,254 Super Voting Shares, which represent 56.5% of the class, 0 Multiple Voting Shares, and 5,068,016 Subordinate Voting Shares, which represent less than 2.9% of the class. Each Super Voting Share carries 1,000 votes and is convertible into one Multiple Voting Share and each Multiple Voting Share carries 100 votes and is convertible into 100 Subordinate Voting Shares (each of which carries one vote).
For further information, please contact Investor Relations, Green Thumb Industries Inc., InvestorRelations@GTIgrows.com, Phone: 310-622-8257.
This press release is issued pursuant to National Instrument 62-103 – The Early Warning System and Related Take-Over Bid and Insider Reporting Issues, which requires an early warning report to be filed on SEDAR (www.sedar.com) containing additional information with respect to the foregoing matters. A copy of this report may be obtained by contacting Investor Relations, Green Thumb Industries Inc., InvestorRelations@GTIgrows.com, Phone: 310-622-8257.
To view the source version of this press release, please visit https://www.newsfilecorp.com/release/67179
Special Guests and Lovers of Psychedelics Are “Coming Out of the Chemical Closet” to Celebrate New Book about MDMA — Register For Virtual Book Launch
New York, New York–(Newsfile Corp. – October 30, 2020) – Charley Wininger and his publisher Inner Traditions are welcoming the arrival of his book “Listening to Ecstasy: The Transformative Power of MDMA” with a free virtual night of storytelling on Nov 13th, 7:00 PM (Eastern Time). Members of the press are invited to join this unique event. To register click link HERE.
To view an enhanced version of this graphic, please visit:
Charley will be joined by several psychedelic luminaries, and hosted by comedian Sarah Rose Siskind. They will share intimate, touching and humorous stories about a time their lives were transformed by the often misunderstood underground party drug, MDMA.
In his book, “Listening to Ecstasy” Charley reveals how MDMA has enhanced his marriage both erotically and emotionally, and describes how pleasure, fun, and joy can be profound bonding and transformative experiences.
To view an enhanced version of this graphic, please visit:
“This is also the story of how my wife and I entered a forbidden world of drug users, and found it to be enchanted. MDMA opened up our lives to new friends, fun, and freedom. It’s also helped us navigate the aging process as we transitioned from middle age into our sixties and seventies.” – Charley Wininger
Wininger’s writing and personal narrative shows how MDMA can be a tool for healing and connection. This is why this particular psychedelic compound is being studied to treat Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) with Phase 3, peer-reviewed trials taking place at research sites in the U.S., Canada, and Israel. (Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies, 2020). At the current pace, MDMA will be a prescription medication in the U.S. by 2023.
In a recent Forbes article, Charley referred to MDMA as “super glue for relationships“. He and his wife are open to giving candid interviews about how MDMA helps to strengthen their connection.“It can help you connect with yourself, with your loved ones and with the world at large, [which] is especially important now when we live in a time of isolation and fear.” – Charley Wininger (Forbes)
Members of the media
- Check out the Charley Wininger Media Kit for quotes and downloadable images
- Book interview with Charley before launch (Nov. 13th)
- Request media review copy of Listening to Ecstasy
To view the source version of this press release, please visit https://www.newsfilecorp.com/release/67182
Cannabis3 weeks ago
Bud & Tender® raise testing and quality standards for best CBD oil in the UK
Cannabis3 weeks ago
The World’s Greatest Weight Loss Secret May be Psilocybin
Cannabis2 weeks ago
Aither Ingredients Announces Joint Venture With Thar Process Intended to Disrupt the Canadian Cannabis-based Ingredient Market
Cannabis4 weeks ago
WeedMD Reports Second Quarter 2020 Financial Results and Closes $30 Million Credit Facility with LiUNA Pension Fund
Cannabis4 weeks ago
PAOG Engages Saul Kaye, Founder of iCAN: Israel-Cannabis and CannaTech to Prepare RespRx for IND
Cannabis2 weeks ago
IGNITE Files Q2 2020 Financial Statements and MD&A
Cannabis3 weeks ago
Medical Marijuana, Inc. Investment Company AXIM® Biotechnologies Files Patent for World’s First Face Mask Designed to Capture SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)
Cannabis2 weeks ago
Next Green Wave Sauce Carts Sell Over 100k In Under 30 Days